Friday, June 14, 2013

Camping?!

Well she has lost the plot again! Yup, Mum decided to go camping.

Now, you all know I love to go to camp. The freshly mowed grass, the attentive staff, the spa treatments, my own cozy little room with orthopedic bed, ahhhh, what's not to love. That's camping! What Mum calls camping is some form of torture, living like the cavemen did, but without heat. It's disgusting.

You seen Mum and Miss Gen and Miss Shannon have been talking for a while about going camping and taking the brat. They decided it would be best to do a trial run close to home. (Notice Papa was not part of the conversation)

Sunday, Mum loaded the car and we headed to Bailey's house. Bailey rode in our car because his mamas had too much gear. (That should've been clue! If your dog don't fit, stay home!) By the time we got to the camp site it was raining. It stopped briefly, but not long enough. I told Mum I would wait in the car.



Eventually, after a good nap, it stopped raining again and Bailey wanted to play. I said fine, I'd throw the kid a bone, and we played until the next rain shower, when I returned to the car. (At this point Mum was outright ignoring my requests to go home. The shame!)



Next we all went for a walk in the woods, that was cool, I was okay with that, but what followed was an atrocity. After a tiring walk, she made me lay down on the ground! Like an animal. The abuse of the day was becoming almost more than I could bear.


Finally it was dinner, and would you believe she forgot my dinner! Thank goodness Miss Gen brought enough to share. Soon after, Papa showed up. My rescuer. I knew he wouldn't take part in this nonsense. The only person who likes getting their paws wet even less than me, is my Papa. He was only there for his dinner. He didn't even have to ask, when I saw him say good bye to the brat I knew what to do. I said "Later bitches! Finn Dog out!" and I waited for him at the car.

We left them all standing huddled under a rain shelter to fend for themselves. Papa wished them well in protecting themselves against the bears and then we were gone.

I was so relieved to be home I nearly collapsed into my bed. Exhausted.... but also guilty... No really I was... a little... Bailey was left behind. Mum says he had a great time, but I don't believe her.

All I can say is ... Never Again!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Finn, we're with you. That's not our version of "camping" either. I think that your Papa and my dad have the same idea about "camping". My dad spells it like this, a good "h-o-t-e-l".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finn is such a cutie! I love the pic of him in the car...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are the best At&t support,at&t wirless support, Contact at&t helpline,at&t customer care How to Contact at&t wirless support

    ReplyDelete